Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28th, 2010

On the way home from Target...

Anne:  I want chocolate chocolate.
Me: You want chocolate chocolate?
Anne: Yeah.  With chocolate.
Me: You want chocolate chocolate with chocolate syrup?
Anne: With chocolate cake, and brownies...
Me: And fudge?
Anne:  MMMmmm.... Why are there no dessert drive-thru places?
Me: You mean like Dairy Queen?
Anne: No, they just serve ice cream.  I mean a place that serves cake and cookies... and be open 24 hours for pregnant women.
Me: I'm sure there is a huge calling for that.
Anne: And they could deliver sushi...
(I look at her like she's insane)
Anne:  They would have the cakes/sushi market cornered!  I would never eat anywhere else.
Me: I guess it would give you all of your basic food groups except for fruit.
Anne: (Without missing a beat)  They would give you a strawberry with your chocolate cake.
Me: Oh.
Me: So you want a place that serves cakes through the drive-thru, and delivers sushi...What kind of beverages would they have?
Anne: Coffee.
Me: So you want Starbucks with more baked goods and sushi?
Anne: They would have to deliver... and not all the fancy coffees.
Me: Shouldn't pregnant women stay away from caffeine?
Anne: Decaf and half-caf.  You would only need black coffee with a decadent chocolate cake. Think about it, it could completely cater to pregnant women.  There are a lot of them around here!
Me: I don't think...
Anne: And inside they could hire moms and have toys so they could bring their children to work like that coffee shop in Portland!  And you wouldn't have to be pregnant, or a mom to go there, but it would be their target audience.  Kind of like when Disney comes out with the Emperor's New Groove, they don't expect your dad to buy it, but he did.
Me:  I have no idea how you end up bringing my dad into this conversation...
Anne: Haha!
Me: I'm going to tell him that you were telling me about a drive-thru bakery that delivers sushi, caters to pregnant women and moms and you thought of him.
Anne: Haha!
(About 5 minutes go by of silence)
Anne: All I was trying to say is that I want chocolate.
Me: Oh is that all.
Anne: Don't tell anyone about the idea though.  I don't want anyone to take it.

Don't worry Anne, I'm sure that nobody will take your idea... 

2 comments:

  1. Dude I have wanted delivery desserts for years! I keep trying to get my mom to do it.

    ReplyDelete